Events & Marketing Assistant
Warwick Employment Group (WEG), is an integrated family of specialist recruitment and people orientated services that includes; jobs.ac.uk, college.jobs.ac.uk, Unitemps, and SearchHigher.
We are recruiting a marketing assistant to join our team; as an Events & Marketing Assistant, you will support our marketing team and play an invaluable role in delivering marketing and events for the WEG brands.
Passionate about a career in marketing, you will demonstrate your creativity to prepare, produce and distribute marketing collateral to the right audiences and you will manage your own projects and be responsible for planning and implementing them from start to finish. You will work on a range of marketing activities which can include SEO, digital, social media, email, content, exhibition, campaigns and market research. This is an ideal opportunity to work with a team of marketing professionals and build your marketing skills.
Duties and responsibilities :
- Provide support and assistance to the WEG marketing team
- Help to prepare, organise, manage and help out at events and exhibitions where required both on and off site including administration on behalf of the teams.
- Copywriting - preparing draft copy (long and short form) for marketing manager/officer approval for use on multiple channels
- Email marketing including preparing lists of email addresses for a campaign including cleansing data, sourcing lists, responding to customers, running reports and analysing statistics
- Direct marketing including preparing, sourcing and cleansing data lists against set procedures, setting up mail merge documents, printing letters and helping with fulfilment and distribution
- Undertaking market research including undertaking desk research, analytics and preparing reports on customer feedback
- Regular benchmarking and competition monitoring
- Supporting with web management including SEO, content development, user testing, link building and content swapping
- Helping to create, manage, develop and evaluate effective social media content and campaigns
- Advertising support including briefing agencies or suppliers, sourcing appropriate print and online media and confirming key details such as audiences served, key deadlines and format requirements
- Acting as 'eyes and ears' for the customer and feeding back information to the marketing team to address
Skills and experience
- Experience of working within a commercial marketing or Higher Education environment
- Experience of managing events and exhibitions
- Preferably 1 year or more in a marketing role
- Have good communication skills and the ability to work with people from other disciplinesThe ability to write copy for marketing materials with a keen eye for detail
- Competent use and prior knowledge of all relevant IT software packages and marketing email platforms
- Excellent organisation skills with the end focus being to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to prioritise workload, work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- CIM or equivalent marketing qualification
Due to a team restructure there is the potential for a permanent opportunity to become available for the right candidate