Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting for an Accounts Assistant to work within a Council in the West Midlands. As the Accounts Assistant you will be required to support the Senior Finance Manager and Head of Finance in providing a full and quality financial management service to Budget Holders, Service Managers, Heads of Service and all Council officers.
Key responsibilities of the Accounts Assistant.
- To drive, develop, and provide effective and proactive financial support to the operational services within their remit
- Providing financial support, professional advice and innovative approaches to financial management
- To work as part of a Financial Services team assisting to ensure the team is responsive, flexible, efficient and customer focused
- Working in conjunction with Accountancy Officers, Senior Accountancy Officers and Finance Managers in providing a full and quality financial management service to a Head of Service(s)
The successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Working knowledge and ability to use Excel spreadsheets, Word and financial packages (e.g SAP) to extract, record, analyse and maintain data records.
- Knowledge of County Council functions and operations
- Demonstrable ICT Literacy
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent numeracy skills
- An analytical and probing approach
- The ability to prioritise own workload and manage time in order to meet agreed time allocations or deadlines.
- The ability to work effectively as a team member
- The ability to display initiative and work without close supervision
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Accounts Assistant role, please apply now, or contact Tia Billinger at Sellick Partnership.
Disclaimer: Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.