Location: Burton on Trent
Salary: GBP15,000 per annum
Job Type (permanent, full time etc.): Full-time, permanent; 37.5 hours p/w Monday to Friday 9 am - 5.30 pm
Our client is one of the top 10 Conveyancing Companies in England and Wales and a leading provider of conveyancing in their local area. They are looking to recruit a Legal Assistant to join their busy team.
This position would suit a person with a background of working in a same or similar environment with some administration experience.
You will be joining a rapidly expanding customer focused company which is dedicated to progressing not only the business but the people within it.
Benefits: Training and development programme, Career progression, including pay scales; Your birthday day off in addition to 28 days holiday; Death in Service benefit; Dress down Friday's; Monthly buffets and social Company events.
Duties and responsibilities of the Legal Assistant:
- Taking instruction from the Property Lawyer and carrying out tasks such as scanning, photocopying and drafting legal documents. Post completion work that could include sending documents to the Land Registry, checking Stamp Duty Land Tax submissions
- Make telephone calls when necessary, keeping accurate notes, taking card payments over the phone. Assisting with 'file housekeeping. Applying for searches with the Land Registry etc. and actively prioritise time- sensitive tasks.
Requirements of the Legal Assistant:
- Previous experience would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and Outlook is essential.
- You will possess excellent communication skills and be able to get on with diverse personalities. You will have good time management, organisational, problem-solving and multi-tasking skills.
- You will be confident and able to work alone or as part of a team.
If your skills and experience fit the description above for the Legal Assistant role and you would like to work in a challenging role within a progressive company, please apply now!