Manufacturing Engineer - Assembly
Role: Manufacturing Engineer / Project Engineer
Salary: GBP33,000 - GBP37,400 + Overtime + Benefits
Shifts: Double days - 6-2 & 2-10 (Monday to Friday)
A leading tier 1 automotive supplier based in Coventry is looking for a Project Manufacturing Engineer to join their team.
The responsibilities of the Project Manufacturing Engineer are as follows:
- Equipment specification, installation and commissioning
- Tooling design and development (Assy)
- Control of cost within an agreed budget and time frame
- Co-ordination of all activities for new/existing equipment embracing the following elements
- Formulate/advise on manufacturing methods and plant/equipment requirements for new/existing projects
- Evaluate current Assy methods and make recommendations to higher management for any considered changes required
- Implement improvements
- Ensure the productionising of new projects against agreed time/quality/cost and output standards to achieve the following:
- Liaise with customers on product development projects concerning cost savings, engineering changes and product quality related matters
- Plan scheduled tasks in line with manufacturing requirements
- Ensure suppliers receive all necessary information and advise to assist them with giving good service
- Ensure that all services provided to both internal and external customers satisfy their requirements in terms of responsiveness and quality
The successful Project Manufacturing Engineer will have the following skills / experience:
- HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering, although other qualifications or proven track record in similar role will be considered
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working with assembly/resistance welding processes. Preferably within an automotive environment.
- Familiarisation of latest best working practices associated with assembly/resistance welding processes
As the successful Project Manufacturing Engineer will gain the opportunity to build a career in quality with a leading Automotive engineering company, you will benefit from a competitive package and excellent career prospects.
Please forward your most up-to-date CV together with salary details quoting ref 12101/DS or by calling Dan Smith on .