Internal Recruitment - an opportunity to innovate
It's an exciting time to be a recruiter at Saint-Gobain. We are currently in the process of hiring a team of 2 recruiters for a new function, supporting 18 of our UK businesses with their permanent recruitment needs.This particular position will be recruiting for a wide variety of generalist roles, particular within Logistics, Supply Chain, Head Office plus many more.
Saint-Gobain has 30+ businesses in the UK and 18 of those businesses recruitment needs are supported by the delegation HR team in Binley, Coventry. Over the last 2 years we have developed our digital capabilities, processes and attitudes toward recruitment, but now we would like to meet great recruiters that want to help make that function even better as we build the internal recruitment team.
What will I be doing?
We are looking for more than one recruiter in the coming months, and as one of those successful recruiters you would;
- Be our specialist in one or more functional areas, whilst maintaining the capability to recruit as a generalist for all vacancy types.
- Manage a caseload of vacancies across multiple businesses
- Work closely with hiring managers to find the best people for the job
- Work closely with the Recruitment Manager to significantly reduce agency spend, using innovative techniques to source for challenging vacancies
- Be jointly responsible for making the new function a success, you will collaborate with your colleagues, and work flexibly to develop the service we offer and be a fundamental part of its success.
Am I who you are looking for?
First and foremost we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we're agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we're supportive of and close to our customers. Does this sound like you?
For the recruitment role specifically it is important that you have:
- It is essential that you have an innovative approach to sourcing candidates and are able to quickly and efficiently find the right people
- Having recruitment experience in Logistics and Supply chain would be beneficial but is not mandatory
- Permanent recruitment experience, sourcing for challenging vacancies under tight deadlines
- The ability and passion to innovate whilst finding the best candidate for a job - a recruiter whose sales are more important than the quality of recruitment services they deliver would not be right for this role.
- A collaborative approach - we're building a team that will work well together, and are motivated by the desire to make that team a success.
- An aspiration to make your mark and have a positive influence on the success of the recruitment function - we'd like to meet recruiters who are results-driven, as if it were your own business.
- The ability to cultivate meaningful customer relationships, not only with your candidates but with your internal customers too.
What about the business I'll be joining?
There are 32 fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that recruit talented people in the UK and Ireland. However, regardless of which business you join, you are assured to be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times.
This role is working from the UK delegation, supporting multiple businesses in the Saint-Gobain group, such as British Gypsum, Isover, Weber, Glassolutions and many more; Saint-Gobain is the world leader in the habitat and construction markets, with over 170,000 employees and operations in 67 countries worldwide. With such a significant presence we are proud to offer our employees a career without boundaries??? Are You In?
What will I get in return?
Working as part of the wider Saint-Gobain group, we are able to offer a competitive starting salary and benefits package. In addition, you will have access to a career without boundaries - this could see you progressing within the recruitment team as it grows, or in one of the other 30+ businesses in the UK and even into different functional areas. Progression in Saint-Gobain isn't always upwards; talented employees also move into new and exciting functions or indeed overseas, to one of the 67 countries in which we operate. The one thing you can be sure of is that you can have an exciting and varied career at Saint-Gobain, where only you set the boundaries to your success.
What do I need to do now?
We would love to hear from you! In order to find out more and apply, please click below to register and submit your CV on our careers site. We will be in touch with you after your application to tell you about the next stages.