Buyer - Lyreco
Lyreco is one of the world's leading providers of Workplace Solutions to businesses, with a global presence across 44 countries, over 10,000 employees and with a 2.2bn turnover. Ethical, forward thinking and award winning are some of the words that describe us and our long-term success is down to the fact that our customers and employees are at the heart of everything we do.
We have a new opportunity for a Buyer at our UK Head Office in Telford, Shropshire, we are offering a salary up to GBP40,000 and 10% bonus.
As our Buyer, your role will be integral in the sourcing and procuring of bespoke and customer specific products outside of the core range, which will contribute significantly to the company objectives. This is a key role within the organisation and involves dealing with requests direct from customers and sales teams. You will work closely with sales management to ensure the most cost effective product solutions are offered.
You will identify and establish strategic relationships with key suppliers and agree terms and negotiate supply agreements where appropriate. It is essential you have strong negotiation ability at all levels, to maintain competitive and profitable outcomes. You will need a thorough understanding of pricing structures and volume rebates. Other key parts of the role will include;
- Continually improving purchasing methods and driving down external spend.
- Manage customer requirement and generic specific product category (product/supplier selection & data, forecasts and reviews).
- Participate in customer visits with the sales team as required.
This role requires someone with strong commercial acumen as well as excellent relationship building ability. You will have a professional procurement background and be fully up to date with modern procurement techniques, bringing a new dimension to procurement activities. You will have the drive to meet budgets and increase profitability for the business. You will also need;
- Solid procurement experience with the ability to handle complex commercial issues.
- Track record of controlling external spend whilst developing a robust supplier base.
- Direct supplier and commodity management exposure.
- Strong analytical, presentation and communication skills.
In return we offer the chance to work for a progressive and people focused business, with excellent opportunities for career development.
If this sounds like your next step, click apply today, we would love to hear from you!