Financial Controller - PE Backed Business
This is an outstanding opportunity to secure a leadership role within an ambitious PE backed business that is about to embark on an exciting period of growth. Unusually for such a role our client is not specifiying prior exposure to PE as a prerequisite, making this a rare opportunity to secure a first move into a segement of the job market that is generally difficult to access.
As number one in finance you will have a broad remit that covers financial management, commercial control and the provision of support and challenge to the executive team. Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Oversight of day to day operational finance processes;
- Cash flow, working capital and stock management;
- Implementing process and reporting improvements, including weekly KPIs and dashboards;
- Selection and implementation of a new accounting package;
- Supporting M&A and other business development initiatives;
- Supporting promotional and discounting decisions;
- Negotiating with suppliers;
- Providing investors with updates on business performance;
- Driving business improvement and margin growth through maintaining a focus on cost management.
This role requires a hands on FC with a demonstrable track record of adding value within the SME environment and strong cash and working capital management skills. A highly commercial outlook and the ability to support all parts of the business are essential and it is vital that you are comfortable taking a hands on approach to implementing systems improvements. In terms of personal qualities, you will possess enthusiasm, tenacity and a desire to make a difference but will have the emotional intelligence to gel with a well established leadership team. Although operating outside of the sector, our client is keen to bring in expereince of the wholesale or retail sectors so any exposure to these will strengthen your application.