Out of Hours On-call Care Coordinator
MSC Homecare Ltd. is recruiting an experienced care worker with an interest in developing their career by helping to ensure we provide effective out of hours social care and support.
This new part time contract role is for 24 hours per week, usually worked over a three day rota period, to include 2 weekend periods each month. Pay would be at GBP8.50 per hour with pay enhancement for Out of hours Social Care service delivery.
The main purpose of this new role is to develop and coordinate the out of hours response and support to care workers using the care management software and on call phone system.
The main job role would be to;
- Prepare and operate an Out of Hours rota using 'on call' trained Senior Care workers and Care Workers
- Develop and train Senior Care workers and Care Workers how to respond to and manage telephone calls to the on call phone
- Monitor and respond to delayed or missed social care and support calls using care management software
- Ensure the accurate recording of responses and follow up actions are completed for each rota period using care management software
- To identify and manage Care Workers response to required changes in rotas
- To deliver social care and support tasks when required
- Monitor and review out of hours responses, actions and recording to identify areas for improvement
Out of hours on call periods are Monday to Friday 6.30 am - 9.30 am
and 5.30pm - 10.30pm, Saturday and Sunday 6.30am - 2.30pm and 2.30pm - 10.30pm.
The Care Coordinator would be required to undertake a minimum of three out of hours on call rota periods each week, including 2 weekend periods each month.