Medical Secretary, NHS job, Coventry
Your new company
A large medical centre based on the South side of Coventry are seeking a medical secretary to join their administration team on a permanent basis.
Your new role
To provide secretarial support for the GP's/Practice Manager and Practice Nurses. Main duties include:
- To type and distribute letters to patients on behalf of the Practice Team
- To complete Choose and Book query/workload list daily
- To complete daily task/day books in a timely manner
- Log incoming report requests and distribute as appropriate
- To ensure all external mail is sent daily and recorded on the database in the G Drive
- Monitor the stock of postage stamps
- To deal with telephone and personal enquiries from patients and relevant outside agencies
- To process referrals from the GP's in a timely manner
- Print medical records and distribute appropriately, forwarding an invoice for the costs involved
- Monitor payments received from Solicitors/outside agencies and chase as and when appropriate, recording on the database
- To maintain proper filing systems of a non-medical nature for the GP's
What you'll need to succeed
You will require good computer skills and excellent communication skills.
In addition you will have the ability to work on your own initiative, be committed and enthusiastic, with the ability to work well under pressure.
Ideally, you will have previous medical secretary experience, a knowledge of the health service and an understanding of medical terminology.
Desirable but not essential - exposure or understanding of the clinical system Vision and experience using Lexacon.
You will also require excellent typing skills as typing and distributing letters forms part of this role.
What you'll get in return
In return you will get a competitive salary - Agenda for change Band 3
Excellent annual leave entitlement of between 5.4 - 6.6 weeks + bank holidays (dependent on length of service within the NHS) and an additional day off for your birthday.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.