Senior Technical Specialist - Networks
We are looking for a Senior Technical Specialist - Networks to deliver technical solutions across multiple disciplines, contributing to and aligning with architectural strategy to deliver to project or programme timescales. You will be accountable for the design, build and implementation of technical solutions to meet Business requirements and IT Infrastructure roadmaps.
Ensure compliance with policies, processes and standards and delivery is to the desired timescales. Manage the key stakeholder expectations by owning the risks and issues associated with their projects, ensuring these are reported and resolved in a timely manner.
Provide guidance, support and training to less experienced members of the team and provide out of hours support as required to meet operational IT needs.
- Cisco Networking
- Load balancers (F5)
- TCP/IP, routers, switches, multiplexers, modems, cabling.
- Cisco Unified Comms Manager, Contact Centre (i.e. UCCE/PCCE), CS1000, ACD, Symposium, Voicemail, mobile communications
- Knowledge of systems management procedures in a large commercial, mission-critical environment.
- Capacity planning, performance tuning, proactive monitoring.
- Change control, release procedures and tools.
- ITIL based service management framework
- Firewall configuration and administration, security systems, intruder monitoring, threat analysis.
- Network monitoring and management.
- Windows 7 & 10, and MS Office 2010 workstations systems knowledge.
- Windows 2008, 2012 Server
- Microsoft SCCM 2007/2012
Our people are our most valuable asset and we are committed to attracting and retaining the very best people who reflect our values. We recognise the importance of helping you to balance your working life with other priorities, so if you wish to consider this vacancy and your circumstances require different hours to those advertised, or if you are considering a job share arrangement, then let us look at the flexibility you require and see if we can accommodate your needs, whilst ensuring we continue to meet our members' needs.
About The Company
IT at the Coventry is changing; we are currently undertaking an exciting transformation project that will shape the future of the organisation. As we progress on our journey we are seeking talented individuals who are passionate about delivering an outstanding experience for both members and colleagues in an environment where you will have the opportunity to be part of the future success of the organisation and work in an environment where personal and professional development is taken seriously.