Project Engineers / NPI Engineers x2
2 Project Engineers / NPI Engineers are required by a leading international precision engineering business to run new product projects through the complete lifecycle, from initial quotation through to handover to the production teams.
Reporting into the Programme Manager, you will be responsible for
- Managing the allocated project through a structured gated process from concept/quotation to production handover.
- Planning, coordinating, implementing and finalising projects according to specifications and deadlines, while maintaining the project performance indices i.e. Quality, Cost & Delivery
- Technical decisions/guidance and flow down of projects requirements to Suppliers. These include (but not limited to); tool and fixture manufacturing designs, machining requirements, drawings, CAD models.
- Leading team meetings to facilitate communication between organisations and functions as required meeting programme timing objectives.
- Carrying out process validation for new/existing manufacturing processes to meet customer requirements.
- Preparation of Control documents/work instructions and provide technical support to production departments when necessary.
- Manage FPA (Fixed Process Documentation) and Product qualification documentation for various clients.
- Generate and issue Component Inspection report, FAIR reports and manage PPAP process (if applicable)
- Complying with AS9100 and 9102 requirements on all projects and processes.
You will be an experienced engineer with experience gained in the aerospace or wider manufacturing arena. Any previous experience of the production of castings or tool manufacturing would be advantageous but is not essential. You will have good drawings interpretation experience (GD&T) to ASME and ISO standards and will have the confidence and communication skills to manage projects and also chair project review meetings. For one of the roles, previous experience of MAGMA / MAGMASOFT software would be desirable.