New Product Introduction Engineer - NPI Engineer
My client is a global leader within the Automotive industry looking for an experienced Engineer with a strong focus on New Product Introduction to join the company and put their strong expertise into practise.
NPI Engineer - Summary
Work within the new business launch team with responsibility to provide all Manufacturing Engineering deliverables to launch new products into volume production.
NPI Engineer - Core / Key Responsibilities:
- Launch new products in line with the company’s requirements and OEM programme requirements & act as single point of contact for iPM reporting / updates.
- Manage all new manufacture & / or assembly M.E requirements from prototype up to and including PPAP approval of product.
- Support Launch Manager during customer meetings & lead key ME reporting during customer meetings
- Develop and maintain ME launch plans for new products and report / escalate any issues as required to the relevant LM
- Liaise with M.E Team & Central Eng team to support smooth handover of process and equipment prior to launch.
- Identify phased spending profile & monitor tooling and gauging adherence to budget
- Where required provide support to other projects, where defined by Head of Programme management and Manufacturing Engineering
- Monitor safe launch results and robustly close out any issue raised.
- Support Capex (A3) compilation where directly linked to a new programme launch.
- Raise & Progress Deviations, PCRs and CFRs in line with business requirements.
- Proactively seek quality improvements
- Ensure that a safe working environment exists within the cells and shop floor areas.
- Respond to CFR’s for new programmes/changes, ensuring the correct input is received / reviewed and approved within the defined response lead-time.
- Identify tooling, gauging and capital expenditure requirements for new programmes.
- Create relevant MTGS’s.
- Compile all supporting customer capacity documents (eCAR, PCS) using timing from production trials and supporting capacity data from the Capex team.
- Order and progress all tooling and gauging.
- Create and issue stage drawings / control plans for each build phase (including prototype level manufacture / assy in conjunction with DSD engineering) including all inspection and SPC requirements and gain relevant approvals from the M.E. Team.
- Produce & pass off relevant CNC machine programs.
- Plan, execute and report outcome for pre-production trials & initial SOP builds.
- Plan all raw material including development, refinement & approval.
- Conduct robust process FMEA reviews for all new programmes with support from relevant functions.
NPI Engineer - Education/Experience/Skill
- Safety awareness
- CAD Knowledge - AutoCAD / Pro-E / Solid Modelling
- Tool and gauge design and awareness
- Tool cost reductions
- CNC setting and operating
- CNC Program writing - Siemens / Fanuc
- Report writing
- Knowledge of Quality Tool including implementation (QIP, A3 etc..), Investigation & Resolution
- Knowledge of production processes
- Knowledge of PFMEA
- Knowledge of statistical techniques
- Computer literate
- Problem solving skills.
- Awareness of measurement and calibration standards
- Communication skills - Written and verbal.
- Interpretation of drawings, technical specifications, and product control documentation
- Project management
- Awareness / exposure to direct communication with OEM customers.