Our client is a dynamic group of companies within the construction sector who are looking for an HR Manager to join them on a six-month fixed term contract covering maternity leave.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Group HR Director to provide professional advice to individual business units, managers, employees and shareholders. They are a small HR team therefore are seeking a pro-active, hands on and thorough individual who has previous experience dealing with general HR matters. You will also manage the daily tasks and objectives of the HR Assistant.
Key responsibilities include:
- To be responsible for and maintain best HR Practice and employment law compliance
- Advise on and conduct: investigations, disciplinary and grievance proceedings, performance management, fixed term contracts, contractual changes, absence management, long term sick issues, maternity / paternity, flexible working requests, TUPE and redundancy.
- Oversee all recruitment including advertisements, shortlisting and interviews for any vacancies.
- Assess training needs, maintain training records, coordinate mandatory training, organise in-house training and ensure all qualifications are kept updated.
- Monitor employee absences, ensure sickness and holidays are recorded accurately on the system
- Conduct inductions, return to work interviews, probation reviews, bi-annual appraisals and exit interviews
- Support line manager with personal development plans and appraisal training
- Deal with incoming HR queries from employees and line managers
- Oversee and support monthly Payroll
- Oversee the administration of the group pension schemes
- Monitor all HR administration
Experience and knowledge required:
- Superb communication skills honed in business partnering/advisory roles
- Knowledge of employment issues, e.g. absence management, disciplinary and grievance etc.
- Ability to build rapport quickly with staff and key members of the executive team
- Confident advising managers on all aspects of people management and development.
- Demonstrable experience in managing TUPE, redundancy or other relevant HR projects
- CIPD (Intermediate Certificate Minimum)
- ACAS HR Modules and Mediation Training (Desirable)
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- It is essential that you hold a Full UK Driving Licence, as this role will involve travelling to different branches across the country
This role would suit people who also have the following experience: HR Manager, HR Business Partner, Personnel Manager, People Manager, Senior Advisor
Brampton Recruitment are an independent Commercial and Accounts & Finance recruitment agency working in partnership with employers spanning Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, Cheshire, and the Greater Manchester region.