Our client, a leading global Aerospace Engineering and Manufacturing company requires experienced Fitter/ Plater to undertake an initial 12 month contract based in Derby to compliment our existing team in the Primary Components Business Unit.
As a member of the Fitter/ Plater Team your key accountabilities will include:
- Manufacture of high integrity components of varying sizes to tight engineering tolerances.
- Work within a Team to effectively resolve production and quality issues.
- The interpretation of manufacturing drawings, customer drawings and written specifications.
- The flexibility to undertake other tasks/activities when required.
- A willingness to learn new skills and processes, undertaking training where necessary.
- Experience of large vessel manufacture in both ferrous and non-ferrous materials.
- Awareness of HS&E requirements.
Qualifications and Experience:
- You must have served a recognized engineering apprenticeship or possess relevant engineering experience.
- Capable of managing time/resource effectively.
- A flexible-working attitude to taking on other tasks/activities when required.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience of working in Heavy Engineering and Pressure vessel manufacture.
- Experience of working in the nuclear industry, and or chemical/food industry standards.
- Experience of working to lops, sops, technical work instructions.
- 5,s and visual management.
- Material polishing to high standards using various hand tools.
Alexander Mann Solutions, a Recruitment Process Outsourcing Company, may in the delivery of some of its services be deemed to operate as an Employment Agency or an Employment Business.