Club Shop Manager
Salary: Circa £22,000 per annum plus overtime bonus
Hours: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Aldridge, Walsall, WS9 8UZ
Our client is one of the UK`s leading mail order suppliers of sports and leisure equipment and sports team wear. With over 20 years` experience our client has established contracts with over 60 Local Authorities to supply sports equipment to their schools, colleges and other establishments.
Reporting to the Customer Services Manager an excellent opportunity has arisen for a Clubshop Manager to be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Clubline Club Shop including but not exclusively - Customer Service, Merchandising, Promotional Activity, Driving Footfall, manage large football partner clubs and attracting local sports clubs and school contact and interaction.
The ideal candidate will have indepth knowledge of grassroots football and sport in general.
Manage "The ClubShop" including:
- Offer the highest level of customer service to all customers, at all times. Ensuring The ClubShop maintains and grows its reputation as the local destination of choice for clubs and schools.
- Effectively manage an existing network of large `Partner` grassroots football clubs and targeting potential new partners
- Putting together proposals and quotes for new and existing customers - Plus taking orders, processing orders through SharpAx (MRP system) collection of monies and effective communication of order progress and collection dates
- Working with Purchasing and operations team to effectively manage the merchandising and stock of the shop and ensuring stock availability.
- Proactive management of promotions and offers to a predefined promotional calendar built in conjunction with the Marketing Manager and Purchasing.
- Develop existing and create new links with local sports clubs and schools to drive awareness of the ClubShop, in order to increase footfall and grow sales
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager, Product and Business Data Analyst and Website Manager on-line promotions are consistent with off-line (ClubShop) promotions.
- Measure results of activity to adapt approach to consistently grow footfall and sales
- Cooperate with the company on quality matters and comply with the company quality policy and procedures to promote a culture of customer service excellence within the company.
Skills/ Experience Required
The suitable candidate will ensure a friendly, helpful, knowledge customer service to visiting customers whilst ensuring the shop features relevant product, promotions and information to make the Clubline Club Shop the go-to destination for clubs and schools in the local area. Whilst helping grow our Client's national `partner club` portfolio. Other skills / experience include;
- Retail and customer service experience
- Reasonable level of commercial acumen
- The ability to grow into a broader sales role and/or management position
- In depth knowledge of grassroots football and sports in general
- Excellent communication and `people` skills
- Decision-making ability and sense of responsibility
- Strong Organisational Skills
The working hours for this role will be as below including a 30 minutes lunch break;
Monday 08:30 - 16:30
Tuesday 08:30 - 12:30
Wednesday 08:30 - 16:30
Thursday 08:30 - 16:30
Friday 08:30 - 16:30
Saturday 09:30 - 13:00
Flexible working will be required for occasional late night opening for key customers throughout the year.