Control Tower Manager
SF Group are recruiting for a business located in Derby. The role is for an experienced Logistics candidate to take on a Control Tower Managers Role, working in the Operations Team, reporting directly to the LLP. The team consists of three members and you would be responsible for multiple regions.
What will you be doing?
- To manage the operational aspects of global freight movements within the scope of the Customer's LLP services
- Develop processes to manage freight movements and demonstrate control over carriers utilised ensuring service quality
- Manage the operational executional team including four heads based within the customers facilities in-plant team
- Build and maintain strong working relationships within the customer's business to ensure all targets are met
- To ensure through the team that all aspects of the business operate within defined corporate and legislative requirements
- Develop effective plans for business improvement activities and development of customer account
- Managing and increasing the capabilities of the control tower team, through succession planning, development, coaching and training
- Support achievement of contractual cost down targets
- Ensure effective communication mechanisms exist within team and with all stakeholders
- Analyse the effectiveness of the strategic plan against tactical operational deployment and cost implications
- Develop a culture of respect and trust, delivering high performance within the team
- To deliver team development and succession planning for contract
What will you need?
- Experience in LLP operations in Supply Chain division and multi modal transport operations (Road, Air & Sea)
- Programme Management
- At least 5 years Supervisory or Management experience in Freight Forwarding and or a logistics environment experience Senior Account Management
- Customer relationship management skills
- Demonstratable record of service improvement through innovation
- Educated to Degree level
This is a permanent role paying c£40k + Car + 15% Bonus.