Cabin Crew Manpower Planner
A pivotal role within the Manpower Planning team focussing on the planning of the airline’s cabin crew establishment ensuring we have the right crew, at the right place, at the right time whilst being mindful of crew cost of delivery. The role is key in providing analysis used in decision making for our crew communities, as well as ensuring our crew planning teams have all the information they require to plan the rosters, and ultimately crew the flights for our customer’s holidays.
TUI UK & Ireland is part of the Mainstream Sector of TUI Travel PLC, one of the world’s leading international leisure travel companies. TUI UK & Ireland comprises many instantly recognisable brands & leading tour operators such as Thomson and First Choice.
What you will be doing
• Responsible for building, developing and maintaining the immediate seasonal manpower plan for the UK Cabin Crew community, whilst maintaining regulatory and union requirements.
• Translating the immediate flying programme input into the manpower plan as and when changes to the programme are made.
• Build relationships and work collaboratively with colleagues across the Northern Region Airlines to build, develop and maintain the plan for the Northern Region Airlines.
• Work in cooperation with the Pilot Manpower Planner to ensure information and processes are shared and aligned for both crew communities.
• Co-ordinate with the Pilot Manpower Planner to embed cabin crew training into the immediate manpower plans
• Accountable for all outputs relating to crew manpower planning activities, including but not limited to updating and maintain slips for all crew, planning travel for both pilot and cabin crew communities, producing safe scores and providing seasonal cabin crew requirements to the cabin crew management team.
• Manage the seasonal and monthly pairings handover of the manpower plan to the crew planning teams and the point of contact for any queries
• Working with key stakeholders to ensure granularity across all inputs
• Budget & reforecast the c£230m of crew manpower planning pricing inputs, including establishment, training, HOTAC and allowances, following finance timelines.
• Understand and interpret industrial agreements and the respective planning requirements, reflecting them within the manpower plan.
• Provide crew costs for differing route scenarios at end of season crossover.
• Highlighting opportunities of improvements and work collaboratively across the whole Manpower Planning team.
• Undertake project work and provide input into ad-hoc activities across all areas of manpower planning, as required.
• Ad-hoc detailed scenario based analysis of cabin crew establishment.
• Preparation and execution of performance reviews and appraisals of direct report
What we are looking for
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Excellent communicator with strong stakeholder management skills
• Strong analytical skills; ability to interpret, analyse and effectively communicate complex data
• Strong numeracy skills; with financial understanding and commercial acumen
• Advanced Excel user, with strong systems ability
• Able to deal with ambiguity
• Effective time management skills
• Team player with flexible attitude, initiative, drive and resilience under pressure
• Ability to interpret and understand EASA regulations, Flight Time Limitations and Industrial Agreements
• Management experience (not essential)
• Carmen experience (not essential)
Working within TUI group
Help make our customers smile and in return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, pension scheme and some fantastic additional benefits including holiday, flight and foreign exchange discounts, a childcare voucher scheme and lots of additional discounts and offers*
TUI UK and Ireland is the UK’s largest tour operator with key brands including Thomson and First Choice. We employ a team of 13,300 employees and serve over 5.2 million customers each year.
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business operating in around 180 countries worldwide with over 1,800 travel agencies across Europe, six airlines operating more than 130 aircraft, more than 300 Group-owned hotels and resorts and twelve cruise ships. Our 77,000 colleagues, all with a passion for holidays, work hard to deliver our customer promise ”Discover your smile”.
Please visit our website for more information.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please log on to where you will be required to log-in, provide personal details and complete an online application form.
Should your application be progressed further you will be contacted to arrange an interview. If you have any queries please like, follow or visit any of our recruitment social sites or contact