Risk Advisory, Public Sector - Assistant Manager, Flexible Working Options Considered
This is an opportunity to become an integral part of the Public Sector Business Advisory group in Birmingham, working in a team that is committed to building up a healthy, profitable and successful Public Sector practice across the Midlands.
The Public Sector practice within Deloitte is going from strength to strength. Generating strong revenues for Deloitte and boasting of some of the largest clients within the firm, this is an exciting time to be a part of this practice.
Covering a wide range of specialisms from local Government, Healthcare, Education and Not-for-profit sectors, you will have the opportunity to specialise in healthcare work. Operating across Foundation Trusts, NHS Trusts and CCGs, you will be involved in Healthcare consulting projects, external and internal audit reviews. Joining a team with significant presence in the Healthcare market - both locally across the East and West Midlands, as well as nationally - you will play a key role in developing these client relationships further and building on this existing portfolio.Role description
Within the team, you will have the opportunity to be involved in high impact work from the start.
Backed by a supportive Partner Group, you will have a critical and visible role in the small team and be working in an environment where hard work and ambition is rewarded. With no micromanagement or quotas for promotion, you'll be empowered to manage your own workload and achieve the career goals that you set yourself, with unlimited scope for progression.
Although this can be a full time role, as we are a team that is measured on outputs and are equally interested in hearing from suitable applicants with agile working requests, or looking to return to work or those with non-standard working patterns requirementsLocation
This is a permanent role. We do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is interesting as a permanent role with a degree of flexibility please do discuss with us.Responsibilities
- Join a fast-growing practice and work with like-minded people who are at the forefront of their chosen field
- Work within a stimulating and challenging environment, with a focus on teamwork and outstanding customer service
- Play a part in budgeting, planning and forecasting
- Become a specialist in their field, winning new work and delivering on ambitious growth targets
- Be involved in the delivery of financial advisory projects including cost identification and implementation projects, informatics and benchmarking key services, developing and reviewing business cases and reviewing performance management systems
- Take on new challenges in different environments (not always healthcare) and consistently push the boundaries of your comfort zone as you develop your personal skills and help the team develop its service offering
- Have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
- Clinical knowledge in nursing or medical background
- A 2:1 degree or above or equivalent qualification or experience
- CAAB qualification or equivalent qualification or experience
- Prior experience in a commissioning, clinical delivery, service planning or finance roles considered (previous experience of working in the NHS would be advantageous)
- Strong financial technical expertise in the healthcare sector
- Previous experience in the interpretation of quantitative and qualitative data
- Exceptional financial and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a proven track record of developing client relationships
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills - an ability to make an impact and gain trust with people at all levels from writing incisive reports to making compelling presentations
- The ability to lead small teams from Deloitte, as well as client resources
- Experience in delivering/managing projects with tight deadlines and budgets
- The ability to travel to client sites as required by this position
- To have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
- Previous experience of delivering or managing complex or interdependent projects (previous training in PRINCE2 or MSP would be advantageous)
- In a constantly evolving, complex risk environment, our market leading Risk Advisory professionals are trusted by organisations across the globe to support them in understanding, evaluating and mitigating risk.
- Our clients demand industry experts who understand their challenges intimately and with whom they can build trusted relationships. They choose us because we provide bespoke solutions that deliver the power of Deloitte, bringing together: people they respect and enjoy working with; innovative technology; and an approach that allows them to make informed and intelligent risk decisions.
- Our expertise spans all areas and sectors including technology risk, governance, internal audit, regulatory compliance, risk analytics, public sector and managed services. As a member of the team, you will work with inspiring, ambitious and supportive people who have diverse and extensive skills, experience and backgrounds. A move to Risk Advisory will help you to build a rewarding and balanced career.
Requisition code: 135822