Position: Inventory Manager
Location: Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire
Salary: £40,000 - £43,000 (Dependent on Experience)
The Inventory Manager Role:
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Inventory Manager, to join a successful team. You will be expected to control and manage all aspects of inventory and material planning in a busy production environment.
The Inventory Manager will also be responsible for maintaining an accurate Master Schedule for Cargo.
Key Responsibilities of the Inventory Manager:
- Proactively manage and control inventory levels driving down the volume of inventory held on site
- Responsible for materials management, planning and master scheduling
- Work effectively with NPI to ensure that obsolete inventory is re-energised and utilised
- Design, develop and implement process & procedure to ensure a streamlined and efficient stores facility
- Implement, manage and control a planned perpetual inventory system. Report and investigate any significant variations from the recorded stock quantities
- Responsible for the secure storage of raw material stock
- Maintaining working levels of consumable items for production
- Monitoring inventory levels (minimum and maximum) to support the production schedule
- Ensure that goods received from suppliers are booked into stock in a timely manner, and ensure all the appropriate documentation is recorded and completed
- Responsible for the control of material planning for the site
- Responsibility for the accurate and timely issue of raw material and components to the correct works orders
- Ensure kitting of items to bills of material, and accurately record the issue to production
- Ensure that all issues from stores are properly and appropriately authorised
- Responsible for the accuracy of stock recording, to include location management as well as quantities
- Supervise, manage and control stores staff
Skills & Experience Required:
- Self-motivated with good communication skills
- Methodical and accurate record keeping
- Ideal candidate will have extensive Inventory Management experience and can demonstrate ability to reduce inventory levels
- MPS & Material Planning experience is key to the success of this role
- Experience of Navision would be advantageous
Our client designs, manufactures and markets security and inspection systems worldwide. Their products are used to inspect baggage, cargo, people, vehicles and other objects for weapons, explosives, drugs and other contraband.
Their security and inspection devices can be found in a wide range of locations such as, airports, border crossings, railway stations, sea ports and terminals, government and military installations and nuclear facilities. As the world's leading security screening provider, they provide state-of-the-art products, solutions and services to meet customers' most demanding threat detection needs.
So what are you waiting for? If you are interested in this Inventory Manager position, simply apply via the button shown.
Candidates that do not receive a response within 21 days should assume that their application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Keywords: Inventory, Manager, Cargo, Inwards, Goods, Production, Scheduler, Materials, Handler, Warehouse, Workshop, Stock, MPS, Planning, Navision, Stoke, Staffordshire
This vacancy is being advertised by Net-Recruit.