Corporate Compliance Manager
Can be home-based anywhere in the UK
Our client is seeking a talented Corporate Compliance Manager who will be responsible for developing, implementing and testing compliance procedures, providing training on laws, regulations, company policies and tools, and for overseeing and managing compliance by all units in relation to company policies and regulatory requirements that are applicable to their export, import and any other trade-regulated activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with development of policies and procedures for the Company's global compliance program consistent with current and evolving regulatory requirements, including specifically, trade compliance.
- Participate in developing strategies to cost-effectively integrate trade compliance requirements into business units’ manufacturing and marketing programs.
- Develop and administer training on trade regulations and processes and provide guidance and support for the Unit's Compliance Specialists that will enable each Unit to independently develop and implement internal controls that will identify and effectively manage trade compliance risks.
- Conduct, on a regularly scheduled basis, on-site audits of each Units’ program to identify risks and gaps in their internal controls, processes, and procedures.
- Develop corrective action plans to remediate audit findings
- Serve as a subject matter expert within the Corporate Compliance group by developing and maintaining a current and comprehensive knowledge of export, import, and other trade-related regulations.
- Present and provide leadership at Company Trade Compliance conferences.
- Serve as the Company's interface between Company Units and legal counsel in those export, import, and other trade-related situations where legal advice and guidance are needed.
- Comprehensive knowledge of import and export laws and regulations
- Comprehensive knowledge of classification, denied party screening and other trade compliance processes
- Ability to conduct trade related investigations
- Highly motivated, proactive, self starter with excellent judgment and professional maturity
- Solid project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize in a high-volume, multi-tasking environment and to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on clear understanding of the regulations.
- Strong research and analytical ability.
- Demonstrated ability to project authority and influence senior management and individuals across multiple cultures, disciplines, and geographies necessary to achieve compliance.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with a wide variety of personnel such as lawyers, government officials/investigators, purchasing and shipping personnel, and clerical to management level personnel.
- Willingness to travel (40%).
- Capable of working independently and as part of a team.
- Innovative and process oriented.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration (or equivalent) or beyond is preferred, but not required if experience commensurate.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of export, import, and other trade-related requirements and regulations.
- Minimum three to five years experience in a multinational company serving in a supervisory international export and/or import trade position.
- Experience in building and managing a comprehensive trade compliance program.
- Experience in conducting trade compliance reviews and developing effective countermeasures for identified gaps, preferred.
- Basic knowledge of ERP/MRP systems and software applications used for screening of restricted parties - JDE/Trax preferred.
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Proficient in English, verbally and in writing.
If you have the above skills and experience, please send your CV to Watson-HR who are acting as agents for this position.