The company are a leading supplier of traditional and sustainable construction materials to major building and construction customers. With over 4,000 employees and operations across the UK and Northern Europe, our client is committed to helping create a better built environment.
Reporting to their Innovation Manager, you’ll provide a CAD design and BIM service both to the company and to their external customer base. You’ll also help to create and maintain an internal library of all CAD and BIM objects and product data template files, in conjunction with industry adopted standards. You will liaise with external third party BIM technical library providers to promote their products to the widest external audience, liaising regularly with technical colleagues across the organisation.
Salary: Derby, Derbyshire
Other key responsibilities include:
- Liaising with other BIM teams across the group to ensure co-ordination and parity of group-wide BIM services
- Establishing and managing an internal database of customer engagement with our BIM services, including downloads and project-specific work undertaken.
- Assisting with the detailing, scheduling and pricing using CAD/BIM
You must have a proven track record working with AutoCAD 2D and 3D within a professional design office, along with sound standard of technical awareness of general building construction. Some experience of Autodesk Revit 2017 edition would be an advantage. Good computer-literacy, including experience of Excel spreadsheets and word-processing, will complement your ability to work well with others, work to deadlines and respond to changing priorities whilst monitoring projects to completion. You should have an understanding of the RIBA Plan of Work and how it interacts with the design process.
Other personal skills required include:
- Good all-round communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work well under pressure
- A current, clean driving licence.
This CAD/BIM Technician role is a superb career opportunity with a leading player in the construction sector. So if we’ve just described you and your aspirations, then please click on the APPLY button.