Geoenvironmental/Geotechnical Engineer - Birmingham
£25,000 - £28,000
Our Client a rapidly growing multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy, have an exciting opportunity based in their Birmingham office. The role is for a geo-environmental consultant to support the existing team within a rapidly growing team working on a diverse project portfolio across various industry sectors.
The ideal candidate would have a good first degree in geology, earth sciences, civil engineering or similar and preferably a relevant post-graduate qualification (e.g. engineering geology, geotechnical engineering, soil mechanics, contaminated land or similar). Ideally you will have experience (2-3 years) in a contracting or consultancy environment. But more importantly you will be a self-starter with drive and ambition and a willingness to learn from a technically excellent team of senior engineers.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Plan and undertake geotechnical and geo-environmental ground investigations around the UK
- Undertake inspection/supervision activities
- Soil logging to BS5930
- Scheduling laboratory tests and report writing
- Assist with the delivery of small projects or a small programme of work with guidance but minimal supervision
- Work in accordance with systems and procedures, including those relating to Health & Safety, project & risk management
The right candidate will benefit from working within a supportive and lively working environment headed by a very experienced management team. A competitive and flexible remuneration package, with excellent potential for personal growth are on offer. As is excellent career development within a successful, progressive, expanding company. Training and development support and sponsorship of professional membership will be provided.