Group Leader Biochemistry - Nottingham
Group Leader Biochemistry
At RenaSci we provide consultancy and experimental services to clients from all sectors of the pharmaceutical industry specialising in abuse/dependence testing and in the therapeutic areas of CNS and metabolic disorders. The company was formed in 2001, and has established itself as a leading provider of primarily in-vivo pharmacology services to the drug discovery industry.
We are currently recruiting for a Group Leader (Head of Department) for our Biochemistry services. This role primarily supports the therapeutic areas of obesity, diabetes, and associated complications, and involves managing a small team of experienced scientists to deliver high quality data from our pre-clinical pharmacology studies.
Reporting directly to the Director of experimental services, the successful applicant will be responsible for the management and delivery of biochemical analyses for multiple client projects, as well as exploring and championing new opportunities to grow and develop the range of biochemical capabilities that RenaSci can offer to its clients.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Effectively managing the department to ensure delivery of high-quality data to agreed timelines
- Performing assays using a range of commercially available kits to support study delivery
- Providing ongoing training, supervision and support to your team
- Driving continuous improvements: assessing and optimising existing procedures and methodologies, and introducing new processes where appropriate
- Designing, establishing and validating novel assays and models to add to our portfolio
- Acting as Study Director for client studies
- Liaising with the Clients regarding new project proposals, and preparing study costings
Skills and experience required for this role:
- PhD in biochemistry or alternative biological discipline
- Proven industry experience, gained from working in pharma, biotech or CRO environments
- The ability to work in a fast-paced business, effectively managing multiple activities
- Proficiency with GraphPad Prism software
- Experience of working to GLP, familiarity with Roche clinical analysers and knowledge of histology techniques would be an advantage in this role
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with industry experience to utilise their expertise to play a key role in a wide variety of drug discovery projects. In return we offer an attractive package, and the opportunity to shape the growth of one of the key functions of this dynamic business.
Please send your CV to Jean Smith by clicking on the 'Apply' button.