Graduate CAD Designer
Tough Furniture Limited is a family run business and is unique in that we have over 25 years' experience in designing and manufacturing exclusively for the challenging behaviour furniture market giving us an unmatched level of evidence-based experience and track record in this field.
We have pioneered the design of key products for this idiosyncratic market by working closely with care professionals to understand and cope with a wide spectrum of challenging behaviours. One of the company's key hallmarks is our track record of innovation and customisation in response to our customers' needs.
Our market has always required us to deal with the problem of combining real durability with a homely domestic feel and good value. More than this, our close and longstanding interaction with a wide spectrum of care providers, frontline staff and their clients enables us to help solve further practical problems by successful management of sometimes difficult situations.
Our policy is simply to look after our customers by first listening and then providing furniture solutions combined with good service to ensure we are "solving problems??? with furniture."
Our service includes delivery into rooms and continuing aftersales backup for maximum value and peace of mind and we're proud that consistently 70-80% of our business comes from repeat orders.
Continued and sustained growth has resulted in the opportunity for a hard-working and enthusiastic member to join our busy design office in Shropshire.
The role will involve:
- Using your creative and technical abilities to successfully work to a brief by completing accurate production-ready CAD models.
- Issuing clear and concise technical drawings for our in-house manufacturing team.
- Using 2D CAD software (AutoCAD) to produce drawings of building interiors to ensure the best use of a given space.
- Working closely with the Senior Designer to meet internal and external deadlines.
- Continued learning of our manufacturing and construction processes.
- Drawing up weekly production charts for assembly staff.
Sitting in the Design office update and amend current designs using SolidWorks. You will also create bespoke CAD models to meet the requirements of a given brief by the customer; and furthermore produce production-ready drawings for our in-house manufacturing team to see the project through to completion. You'll also engage in some customer interaction to provide quotations and chase feedback.
Health and safety is important due to the target audience, therefore you will responsible for maintaining high levels of attention to detail at all times.
Our ideal candidate for this role will:
- Have a degree in product design, furniture design or related subject (Applicants without a degree will be considered assuming they have relevant skills/experience).
- Be proficient with the use of 3D CAD software and able to design with product manufacture/assembly in mind (preferably SolidWorks).
- Have the ability to complete a design with the end user in mind and ultimately produce a solution that fulfils the initial brief.
- Have good organisational skills, be able to work effectively under time pressure and be tenacious.
- Be an approachable individual who is self-motivated and has good personal communication skills.
Salary and Benefits
- GBP17,000 - GBP21,000 (depending on experience)
- 25 days holiday + Bank holidays
- Pension scheme
Your training will be hands on from day one, shadowing and assisting the Design Manager who will give you the exposure and experience needed to become an established CAD designer as quickly as possible.
Discovery Graduates are the managing consultants. All applications will be processed through Discovery. We regret due to the high volume of applications we receive; only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews. In the event that you are unsuccessful for this opportunity, we may still be able to help you and we will retain your application and consider you for other opportunities.