30 hours a week, term-time only (36 weeks)
GBP16,258 pro-rata (actual salary GBP10,495.02)
Our client is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
In November 2016 our client merged with a local college. The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. They have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where they work with over 800 individual employers.
This is an exciting opportunity to join their expanding catering department at the college. Working in the food hall, duties include working in the College's food hall service enabling the sale of food to students and staff, taking payments and using a till and keeping areas clean.
To be successful, you will have previous experience of working in a catering or customer service environment and be energetic and enthusiastic with the ability to work as part of team. You will hold a NVQ Level 2 Food Preparation and Cooking or equivalent.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To prepare and assist in the cooking of basic food items.
- To display and serve food, including taking cash and using the till.
- To clean all areas of the catering department.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Qualified to NVQ Level 2 Food Preparation & Cooking or equivalent
- Experience of working in a catering environment or customer service
- Is energetic, enthusiastic and well-motivated towards providing excellent food and customer service
What's in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, they welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
How to apply
To apply for the role of Catering Assistant, please click on 'Apply' and complete an online application form.
The closing date for completed applications is 1 st October 2017.