Bodycote operate an international network of facilities serving a wide range of industries including, aerospace, defence, automotive, power generation, oil and gas, construction, machine building medical and transportation. Bodycote is the world's largest and most respected provider of thermal processing services and a vital link in the manufacturing supply chain.
Bodycote has over 5,700 people globally, in 26 countries spread over 190 locations. We recognise that the success of our business depends upon the skills, commitment and loyalty of our people. We strive to offer a working environment where these attributes are rewarded and valued.
We are looking to recruit a Quality Engineer to ensure compliance of inspected components to customer's specification and to ensure that the company's quality management system is implemented and maintained within the division.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Reviewing specifications including filing, updates of TDC, etc
- Creating TDC/ build sheets/ loading plans
- Request and source new specifications
- Logging and investigating internal non conformances
- Ensuring all equipment, gauges, schedules, SAC, periodic checks, pressure rise tests etc are all up to date on the systems health check
- Review of calibrations, surveys, consumables, for compliance
- Liaison with customer technical, production and quality departments.
- Resolving non-conforming product including root cause analysis
- Follow company health & safety procedures
- Follow company environmental procedures.
- Comply with all quality system requirements.
- Final release of customer product
- Hardness testing (if applicable)
Education, Skills and Experience
- LEVEL 4 COMPETENCY REQUIRED
- Formal engineering, quality, materials or metallurgical qualification
- "Hands on" experience of heat treatment environment preferred but experience in technical department or inspection essential.
- Ability to work as part of a team. Good eyesight (WI33)
- Ability to work and oversee several projects at any point in time but still keep the required quality documentation up to date and organised
If you can demonstrate you have the above requirements then why not apply for this great opportunity and develop your career at Bodycote. All internal applicants should inform their current line manager of their application. The closing date for applications is 15th September 2017.
Please Note - If you have not heard from us within two weeks your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we will keep your CV on file and should anything come up that matches your experience we will contact you. Good luck in your job search.