Assistant Production manager
A leading UK manufacturer is looking for an assistant Production Manager to join their growing team. The role is a senior hands on management role within an established stable SME reporting to the production director.
The Assistant Production Manager will be responsible for the attainment of daily/weekly production targets across the business unit to meet customer requirements. A key part of the role is the direct line management of circa 40 people through a team of existing supervisors.
Main responsibilities and duties of the Assistant Production Manager:
- Lead Team and Supervisors by good example
- By planning and coordinating activities, the Assistant Production Manager will ensure Works Orders are met on time and in full
- Ensure effective and efficient working practices within cells
- Utilise resource effectively to promote product On Time Delivery
- Allocate labour and labour hours making effective use of premium time
- Encourage best practice
- Assistant Production Manager is responsible for promoting H&S awareness and carry out risk assessments
- Be proactive in seeking out and implementing cost reduction activities
- Establish / Monitor and review Key Performance Indicators
- Communicate to Production Manager all aspects relating to area of responsibility
- The Assistant Production Manager deputises in the absence of the Production Manager
- Ensure all activities carried out are ethical, meet H&S regulations and comply with company procedures
- Ensure your area of responsibility complies with the environmental management system
The successful candidate will have experience working within a shop floor environment and a good knowledge of production techniques including MRP, ERP and LEAN principles. An engineering degree or equivalent preferred, but not essential however man management skills are key for this role of Assistant Production Manager.
Excellent IT Skills will be highly beneficial with a particular focus on the Microsoft product suite and any MRP tools/programs.
This is a key role within the organisation reporting to the production director. The role offers great potential to develop and as such will be reflected within the package offered. The final package will be based on experience and suitability to the role however will be flexible for the right candidate.