IT Service Desk Technician - First Line Support
Accident Exchange is an Accident Management Company.
In simple terms, we hire a replacement vehicles to drivers involved in non faults accidents whilst we organise and manage the repairs to their vehicles . When the hire vehicle is returned to us, we recover the costs from the insurance Company of the at fault driver.
We employ circa 400 employees and core to our culture is our employer brand which is derived through our mission and values.
Our mission is that we intend to remain number one in our chosen market sector. We will do this by placing our customer at the centre of everything we do whilst continuing to build and develop an unbeatable team with shared values and with accountability for consistently delivering record-breaking levels of personal and operational performance. We are presently looking to recruit a IT Service Desk Technician to provide first line support for IT queries across the business, analysing and fixing issues where appropriate or escalating when required.
- Conduct daily checks on main systems to ensure they are all available for the business day escalating any issues immediately
- Communicate with employees over any IT outage providing accurate, legible updates and progress during any outage/s
- Answer incoming calls to the IT Service Desk, establishing the incident details and entering into the system log
- Establish basic checks have been conducted by the user, resolving queries or forwarding to a support technician for action
- Monitor incidents and statuses, prioritising as necessary
- Provide timely, courteous, professional help, support and advice to others
- Establish the incident and necessary facts required for further investigation and accurately enter the details onto the system
- Escalate as required to tier 2/3 support
- Identify causes of incidents where able, giving step by step instruction to the user on how to resolve
- Visit office locations to deliver basic installation and maintenance of equipment as required
- Build/repair Desktop/Laptop/Printer/Scanner where necessary
- Specialise in one or more technology areas
- Continue/further your education in relevant subjects/technologies
- Complete documentation on new or recurring issues
- Any other adhoc first line support duties.
- Ideally previous experience in a similar role,including diagnosing, repairing and solving hardware/software, laptop, desktop, mobile device & network related issues
- Ideally a formal IT qualification, however full training will be provided
- Excellent communication skills with a customer oriented approach
- A keen interest in technology, what's current & new/coming to market
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and use your initiative to research solutions or seek support from the appropriate channel
- Knowledge of troubleshooting of MS Office
- Ideally experience of dealing with homeworkers/off site users
- Knowledge of Windows 7/10 and Office 2010/2013/2016
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Accuracy and attentive to detail, with good prioritising skills
- Demonstrate behaviour in line with Company values; Accountable, Energy and Enthusiasm, Don't Do Silver, United, Focused, Hungry, Spirited.