Quality & Environmental Manager
Quality & Environmental Manager
Location: Coventry (Head Office), with regular National travel
Package: Basic annual salary GBP40,000-GBP45,000 (dependant on experience) with Company Car, Bonus & Company Benefits
Sector: Packaging Distribution & Manufacturing
Macfarlane Group PLC is the UK's largest packaging distributor and we are urgently seeking to hire an experienced QE Manager to join our head office team and travel nationally, supporting over twenty regional distribution centres and four manufacturing sites with Quality & Environmental best practice and compliance. As a business, we are passionate about providing fully integrated and innovative packaging solutions augmented by outstanding customer service. As a Group we are continuing to grow significantly and are always keen to attract new talent to our business.
We are now urgently seeking to appoint an experienced Quality & Environmental Manager to take the lead on all quality and environmental matters across all of our sites nationally. The role shall focus on providing expert advice and support on all Quality and Environmental related matters, acting as a key point of contact for the wider business network. There will be an acute focus on managing and maintaining the company's Quality Management Systems and Accreditations in accordance with the appropriate standards and relevant applicable legislation (current standards include: ISO 9001 & ISO 15378), ensuring the QMS can support the HSQE, Sales and Operational objectives of the business. The role will ideally be anchored at our Head Office in Coventry, whilst frequent travel will naturally be required across all sites nationally in line with business demands. You will drive the development and implementation of the QE strategy focused on legal compliance and the needs of the business. Through the development of relationships across the business, you will ensure all customer requirements are exceeded whilst leading the development of a QE culture.
Reporting to the HR Director the remit of this role is expansive, but key highlights shall include???
- Ensure Quality procedures are implemented and maintained to attain accreditation for ISO 90001 and ISO 14001.
- Manage the MCR requirements of the organisation (in line with mandatory carbon regulations).
- Devise and establish the Group's quality procedures, standards and specifications.
- Complete internal audits and develop relevant improvement plans.
- Conduct site audits, to ensure compliance with ISO requirements and standards, implementing any corrective procedures where required.
- Working in partnership with Group procurement teams to establish and ensure quality requirements are adhered to by external suppliers.
- Participate in pre-tender submissions (when required).
- Support the implementation of new standards throughout the organisation.
- Take ownership for the recommendation and implementation of standards relevant to our business, providing a cost v benefit analysis.
- Maintain all quality and environmental documentation.
- Pro-actively work with the sales and marketing teams to ensure customer requirements are exceeded, with regards to the implementation of standards.
- Manage the Waste Management procedures for the Packaging business.
- Improve environmental performance across all activities and driving cultural and behavioural change throughout the Group
Do you have the correct profile?
In order to apply for this role you must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge and experience gained via time spent working within a similarly dedicated Quality & Environmental Management/Senior Advisory role. This will ideally have been gained within a packaging, logistics or distributor led business arena. You will certainly need to be NEBOSH accredited, with a strong ISO related compliance background and some proven experience of FSC and/or BRC (British Retail Consortium) would also be advantageous (whilst not essential to apply). Prior experience of having worked within a larger business/multi-site coverage role (with travel) would also be extremely favourable (valid UK driving licence is also essential).
In return we offer a competitive basic salary, company car and bonus scheme. This is accompanied by a flexible benefits system incorporating the following: 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), holiday purchasing scheme, contributory pension, childcare vouchers & employee discount scheme.
How to apply/next steps
This is an extremely urgent appointment whereby we are committed to holding interviews swiftly within the coming weeks. To make an application please simply click 'apply' ensuring that your CV is up to date and relevant. Please note that all shortlisted candidates can generally expect to hear back from us within ten working days of making their application. If you do not therefore hear back within that timeframe, please assume that your application has not been successful on this particular occasion.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE