A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Hire Controller to join a privately owned hire firm on 6 month FTC based in Measham Depot. In return, we offer a competitive salary plus employer contribution pension scheme.
Since formation in 1969, the company has grown into a leading, privately owned hire firm, specialising in the hire of both mechanical, non-mechanical and site accommodation equipment.
The Hire Controller will assist in the smooth and efficient day to day running of depot and work flexibly as a member of the team, providing a customer-focused service.
Duties will include:
- Liaising with customers and suppliers over the phone and on site, as and when required.
- Using all relevant aspects of the Insphire hire system. Including the raising of hire contracts, purchase orders, transfers, goods inwards and all associated paperwork in line with company policies and procedures.
- Ensuring all company documentation is completed correctly, in line with company policies and in a timely manager.
- Working collaboratively with other depots, passing orders on for their areas and providing assistance as and when required.
- Successfully converting hire enquiries into hire orders and generating potential new business, liaising with the sales office as required.
- Planning transport ensuring the routing is practicable, cost effective and meets customer expectations.
- Processing orders with suppliers.
- Attending meetings that may be necessary in the performance of your duties.
- Complying with and uphold company policies and procedures.
Successful Hire Controller will have:
- Experience of plant and accommodation hire and running a workshop
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety procedures
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Proactive and flexible
- GCSE grade C or above in English and Maths, or equivalent.
- Computer literate, including Microsoft Office.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Professional telephone manner
- Ability to work well to timescales and deadlines.
- Previous experience of working as a Hire Controller is desirable but not essential
The hours of work are Monday to Friday, 8am-5.30pm.
Please find further information on our website: http://www.pickeringsplant.co.uk/vacancies/
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75896768