To assist the FD with the management of the financial aspects of the business and to provide other managers in the business with financial information relevant to their own departments or requirements.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Providing and interpreting financial information;
- Assist the FD with the management of the financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems;
- Produce accurate financial and non financial reports to specific deadlines;
- Manage the payments, processing and accurate recording of the stock in transit reports from overseas suppliers;
- Manage payments to suppliers;
- Assist with all the following on an ad hoc basis:
- Bank Statements - print for all accounts and update purchase and sales ledgers with payments/receipts.
- Record payments and receipts in cash book.
- Match purchase invoices to GRN, pass to relevant manager to authorise.
- Post purchase Invoices onto financial system.
- Reconcile purchase ledger.
- Reconcile bank accounts.
- Reconcile sales ledger.
- Reconcile & check personnel travel / general expenses.
- Chase outstanding Debtors with the goal to reducing debtors days.
- Process credit / debit card payments.
- Deal with incoming accounts calls from Suppliers chasing outstanding debt.
- Assist with month end routine.
- Run necessary reports for HMRC (VAT) and post to HMRC system.
- Assist in the resolution of Sales Invoice queries.
- Assist in budget file preparation.
- Assist in other ad-hoc projects.