Customer Service Advisor - Household Insurance
Apply now Email a friend Back to search
- Company Info
- We take pride in being there for our customers. We help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that's thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. For us, 'social responsibility' is not just a buzzword. It defines us and runs through everything we do for our customers and as an employer. And working with us, you'll get a competitive reward package and have the flexibility and autonomy to deliver your personal, business and career goals.
- Department Info
- At Legal & General Insurance we look after our customers throughout life, death and everything in between so that you know that everything that's important to you is protected. With over 180 years' experience in providing Insurance policies, our customers trust us to be there and to do the right thing.
- Job Duties
- To deal with household customer enquiries and quotations at all levels whilst ensuring the delivery of a fast, effective and technically excellent response to customers.
- To deal with in-depth telephone enquiries and standard complaints regarding household policies ensuring that policy cover and differences between contracts are explained, making suggestions for alternative policies where appropriate.
- To process policy transfers, alterations, cancellations, handle rejections and set up new Direct Debits ensuring that all information is obtained and actioned correctly leading to a high level of customer satisfaction.
- To understand and explain accounting history, dealing with problems and taking necessary action to ensure that customer accounts are up to date.
- To offer support, advice and assistance to other members of the team, thereby contributing to a highly motivated, enthusiastic and efficient team ethos.
- To ensure the processes and procedures defined above are practiced in order to achieve the customer outcomes defined by the FCA. To ensure that customers are treated fairly in line with L&G's customer experience and TCF policy.
- Skills Required
- An outgoing nature and be confident on the phone
- Passion for customers and put them at the heart of everything you do.
- Motivated to deliver great service and have high standards.
- A talent for making customers feel special.
- Empathy - able to relate to our customers.
- Brilliant listening skills.
- Confidence when working alone but you will also love working in a team environment.
- Strong IT skills
- Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 22 days' (with potential to rise to 26 days) holiday, discretionary performance related bonuses, paid overtime, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
For further information please contact Rachel Varney, Resourcing Consultant, at email@example.com
The start date for these roles are Monday 28th August and Monday 11th September. Once you have started there will be a 11 week training period, in which opportunity to take annual leave will be extremely limited.
The shift patterns are rotational, between Monday to Thursday 8am-8pm, Friday 8am-6pm, and Saturday 9am-1pm