IT Security Operations Manager
As an IT Security Operations Manager at HS2 you will manage and provide expert advice and guidance on the selection, design, implementation and operation of information security controls and management. You will lead and manage the day to day delivery of all IT Security operational services, Provide IT security operations oversight for HS2s digital, data and technology, including networks, end-user computers, platforms, databases and application.
About the role:
- Provide leadership to IT Security Operations including IT Security Service Providers and support Senior Leadership Teams to ensure that IT services and technology components are securely managed.
- Lead the identification and management of IT Security risks to live services
- Oversee and manage live IT Security incidents with advice and coordination with suppliers and internal teams
- Managing and fixing cyber security-related incidents, including advanced diagnosis and remediation planning,
- Assist the HS2 Ltd user base and internal IT teams to identify and manage IT Security improvement activities
- Lead the internal processes and support the relationship with internal teams and audit bodies to ensure accurate evidence is provided in relation to IT Security.
- Knowledge of an IT Security related discipline.
- Experience of providing IT Security leadership and support for complex business change programmes
- Commercial experience required to manage the specification and delivery management of operational services provided by external suppliers.
- Experience of understanding IT Security risks and issues from both a business and technical point of view and communicate opportunities, issues and constraints clearly in business language
- Effective organisational and problem solving experience.
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK's new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain's major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others' health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 'Safe at Heart' programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.