Public Response Manager (X3)
As Public Response Manager at HS2, you will responsible for supporting the development and delivery of HS2 enquiry and public response strategy. This key team within the Community Engagement Directorate will provide the leadership and subject matter expertise to lead on strategy development and implementation of a first-class enquiry and response team, which will ensure those communities and stakeholders impacted by the project have clear and open channels of communication where they receive accurate, timely and consistent information.
About the role:
- Support the development and delivery of a 24 hour, 365 days per year, first class public response team which provides compassionate, knowledgeable and accurate information to the general public.
- Support the development and delivery of a robust process of logging, responding and reporting public enquiries in line with both the organisation's requirements and industry standards.
- Support the design, development and implementation of a robust complaints process in line with industry standards.
- Ensure quality of all responses to the public meet acceptable standards and that appropriate training programmes are provided to staff accordingly.
- Support the development of scripts used by response team and other public-facing teams to ensure they are fit for purpose.
- Support the development of measures and metrics both qualitative and quantitative by which the public response team will be measured.
- Contribute to regular monthly reports to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain awareness and understanding of the political environment in which the role operates.
- Identify and manage public enquiry and stakeholder issues when they arise so as to minimise/prevent adverse impact on the project.
- Participate in the overall development of HS2's Community Engagement Strategy
- Act as a member of the community engagement on-call team.
- Experience of working in a customer service environment within the public and private sectors, on projects of comparable scale, scope and complexity
- Proven ability of implementing innovative solutions in public engagement and response across a diverse and challenging environment
- Ability to develop challenging relationships and build trust amongst stakeholders and communities exercising diplomacy at every stage
- Strong analytical skills and a proven ability to interpret and respond to changing landscapes and understand and communicate complex issues with clarity and
- Ability to work under pressure and able to work to tight deadlines in dynamic, fast-moving organisation
- An interest and understanding of the complex political environment within which HS2 operates, including relevant governance and accountability issues
- An ability to be heard through personal credibility and the exercise of sound judgement
- Proven communication, networking and ambassadorial skills
- Excellent written communications, verbal communications and interpersonal skills
- Educated to degree or associate degree level.
- Ability to compile reports and able to write clearly and persuasively.
You will be expected to actively promote and embed Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work, and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK's new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain's major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others' health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 'Safe at Heart' programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.