Risk Systems and Reporting Manager
As the Risk System & Reporting Manager (ERM) at HS2 you will play a key role in developing, implementing and deployment of the risk management system to all areas of the programme, working closely with key stakeholders to ensure that this business critical system can support any near and long-term requirements as the business continues to grow and mature.
About the role:
Principal Accountabilities include but are not limited to;
- Develop an effective Enterprise Risk Management system across all areas of HS2 Ltd including developing and producing user-guides and other support material.
- Support and work with wider DfT High Speed Rail team and organisations involved with deliver of HS2 (e.g. Network Rail and Highways England) to deliver single source of truth reporting of risk through the consistent use of a single enterprise tool.
- Identify, analyse and coordinate stakeholder requirements to achieve effective capture, analysis and reporting of risks across programme.
- Work with risk stakeholders and ICT specialists to research and analyse business requirements, including requirements for business systems architecture integration.
- Ensure the controlled project management of any sponsor approved scope of works for the development of new functionality, managing the supplier to deliver on time and on budget.
- Create and manage a comprehensive training approach for 'super-users' and end-users, including the provision of computer based training and classroom training. Ensure that this is consistently applied to all HS2 delivery partners (including DfT, Network Rail and the wider Supply Chain).
- Ensure that robust system administrative and on-boarding processes are in place and continually refined in line with project maturity and supply chain engagement. .
- Interface with key corporate functions such as ICT and Finance to ensure that the operation of the system is secure and efficient and that necessary controls and monitoring activities are undertaken.
- Work with ICT to ensure that the system is adequately supported by the vendor, that SLAs are appropriate, reflect business needs and are being met.
- Work with stakeholders to design and implement improvements to the risk reporting process across the programme to drive improvements in quality and efficiency of reporting output.
- Coordinate the risk leads and risk champions to ensure a controlled flow of information through the programme, in order to meet periodic reporting commitments.
- Collate information provided by Delivery Units and Functional Areas to produce risk reports for risk committees, Management Committee, Business Transformation Panel, Programme Board, Audit & Risk Assurance Committee, Executive Committee and Board.
- Strong previous experience of enterprise or programme based risk reporting in large and complex organisations.
- Analytical capability to development and administration risk system across organisation.
- Understands the fundamentals of risk management, or has experience in a comparable logically and numerically based discipline.
- Capable of developing and maintaining strong working relationships with the product provider and a diverse range of senior internal stakeholders.
- Experience of an industry leading and recognised tool for managing risk on major programmes, capable of introducing new innovate approaches.
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK's new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain's major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others' health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 'Safe at Heart' programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.