As a Business Analyst at HS2, is responsible for the delivery of business analysis services, helping business teams to work more effectively, ensure that they understand their needs for information and that it is supported by appropriate and cost-effective technology.
About the role:
- Responsible for BA support in large and complex projects and programmes
- Engages with the business to understand for new requirements for ICT services, supporting other teams to deliver high quality service outcomes.
- Recommends, justifies and delivers improvements through changes to information systems, technology, business processes, practices and organisation.
- Investigative work to determine user needs for digital information technology
- Development of business cases to recommend solutions delivering best balance of cost, benefit and risk
- Help business teams to create business change and readiness plans (bringing IT issues such as deployment, data migration and training), ensure stakeholders are committed to change prior to going live
- Work with business teams to analyse and document processes and requirements, with colleagues in IT and suppliers to propose, justify and deliver solutions and support change and delivery of benefits
- Coaches and supports Assistant Business Analysts to ensure they provide a good quality service to projects and develop their skills
- Experience of identifying and shaping opportunities for IT to enable business improvement.
- Confident, clear and organised thinker able to plan and deliver a high quality business analysis outcomes
- Desire to deliver pragmatic outcomes that benefit the business.
- Able to explain and communicate complex technical issues in a way that non-specialists can understand.
- Demonstrates knowledge in some of the following skill areas:
- Business Process Improvement.
- Requirements Definition & Management.
- Stakeholder Relationship Management.
- Change Implementation Planning & Management.
- Business Process Testing.
- Benefits Management.
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK's new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain's major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others' health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 'Safe at Heart' programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.