Transportation - Intelligent Transport Systems Graduate Scheme (2018)
Join us in our Network Operations and Technology practice and youll use the latest Intelligent Transport Systems technologies to transform millions of road and rail journeys. Youll deliver the technology systems that will manage and optimise tomorrows transport infrastructure. Behind small steps and giant leaps, we drive innovative projects from adaptive traffic signals and smart motorways to control centres and real-time passenger information. We advise on everything from strategic direction to design to operational support. So, you can look forward to plenty of variety from testing systems on site to exploring next generation software and developing connected vehicle concepts.
What youll be doing
As a Graduate Consultant, your activities are likely to include:
- Undertaking a variety of project work relating to ITS projects under the direction of Project Manager(s)
- Developing user requirements through discussion with Clients, other stakeholders and the wider Project Team
- Undertaking site visits to collect and then analyse relevant data
- Supervising installation and testing of equipment
- Preparing documents and drawings in accordance with the requirements of our Business and Quality Assurance Systems, Relevant Standards and Codes of Practice
- Liaising with internal and external Design Teams, Clients and Contractors as appropriate
- Reviewing policy documents and guidance notes
- Writing technical notes and project reports for clients
- Working with colleagues and clients to develop new innovative transport solutions
- Supporting clients in delivering their strategic and operational objectives
Who were looking for
Youll be a talented graduate with a bachelors (2.1 or above) or masters (2.2 or above) degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical and/or Electronic Engineering, Control Systems Engineering, Geography, IT or Physics. We will also accept applications from graduates who have alternative engineering degree subjects. Youll also have:
- Drive and determination to achieve Chartered Status
- Confidence working on your own initiative and as part of multidisciplinary teams
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to analyse problems, create innovative solutions and manage your time effectively
- A flexible approach to travel as our projects and training may take you to a variety of
locations in the UK and possibly abroad
- The ability to work in areas outside of your immediate skill set, which may require rapid adaptation to new surroundings.
- Prepared to undergo a medical assessment, as some roles may involve working out on site
Rewards & Benefits
Our 3-year flexible graduate scheme promises to give you the support you need to develop your technical, commercial and consultancy skills. Some of our benefits, to name a few, include;
- A settling in payment of £2,500 when you join paid in your first months salary
- Continuous support and mentoring to achieve chartered status with your chosen institution, funded by Atkins. With a chartership bonus of £2,500 once you obtain chartership
- A robust career development plan, including a library of core learning modules and on the job technical training
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, with the option to buy up to 15 additional days leave per year
- 2 volunteer days per year for you to use for a cause that matters to you
- Local graduate forums & a strong graduate network across all locations
- Annual events, such as our 2-day graduate induction, ski trips, away weekends, team building activities
For further details please visit the rewards and benefits page on our website.
How to apply
Our deadline for applications is Monday 18th December 2017. Some of our programmes are incredibly popular, to avoid disappointment (where some roles may close earlier) we recommend you apply as soon as possible.
For further details on our recruitment process please visit the how to apply page on our website.