Land Assembly Assistant Central
Job Reference: 31464
Skillset: Property & Land Surveying
As a Land Assembly Assistant at HS2, you will support the Land Assembly Manager with securing entry to land for each work package within the allocated contract area.
About the role:
- You will verify the existence of commitments or undertakings in relation to advance notice of compulsory purchase and entry within the allocated contract area
- Prepare draft plans showing the final land acquisition boundary for each work package defined by a single consistent date of entry
- Liaise with Design Engineers to ensure final land acquisition boundary and land requirements are prepared and signed off
- Assure referencing data is provided by contractors to support acquisition by compulsory purchase powers
- Prepare notices for approval by Land & Property and by DfT
- Maintain a register of all notices prepared and served for the contract area
- Prepare applications for registration of scheme title with Land Registry
- Experience of supporting the implementation of compulsory purchase powers e.g. Hybrid Bills
- Understanding of title registration due to the high number of registrations expected with the CPO process
- Robust technical skills e.g. GIS
- Ability to deal with stakeholders and members of the public in a range of circumstances
- It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work, and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK's new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain's major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others' health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 'Safe at Heart' programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.