Functional Skills Tutor
URGENT - IMMEDIATE START
In this 1 year rolling contract you will be responsible for planning, delivering and developing our clients functional skills curriculum (Maths and English) for participants progressing them from their initial assessment level to at least one level higher as part of clients Academy programme (10-20 weeks). You will have overall responsibility for ensuring that young people are retained on the course and achieve their functional skills qualifications.
The Functional Skills Tutor is a dynamic and engaging individual who enjoys working in a targeted environment. . They have a clear commitment to continuous improvement in relation to the quality of learning and assessment .They are committed to supporting young people to achieve their qualifications and are innovative in their approach, enthusiastic and motivated to support success for our participants and staff.
- Deliver classroom-based sessions delivering Functional Skills English and Maths up to Level 2
- Carry out and effectively interpret a range of initial assessment and diagnostic tools in order to determine existing level of participants.
- Devising learner journeys/action plans taking into consideration various learning styles and individual learner needs.
- Liaising with colleagues to offer learners the best possible progression route for further education, apprenticeships and employment.
- During non-academy times, you will contribute to the achievement of team objectives by administering and invigilating resits as well as contributing towards the achievement of the full set of qualifications that our participants take part in.
- Ensuring all delivery meets quality and performance standards set by our clients Contracts & Quality team.
- Experience of planning, developing and delivering Functional Skills at Level 2 in either Maths or English (ideally both).
- Experience of working with young people and 'vulnerable groups’.
- Experience of and understanding of how to effectively interpret a range of initial assessment and diagnostic tools
- Experience of working in a team in a community education, development or employability setting.
- A comprehensive knowledge of career pathways and of voluntary, academic and training opportunities for participants.
- A knowledge of the Third Sector, voluntary organisations and their role in relation to community and National Government.
Skills and abilities
• Excellent delivery achieving a minimum of Grade 2 in all internal and external inspections, monitoring visits and observations
• A flexible approach to work, resilient and willing to accept change
• A teaching qualification such as Cert Ed, PGCE, DTLLS or equivalent, with a subject specialisation in Literacy or Numeracy
• An Assessor qualification is essential, with an Internal Verification qualification highly desirable
• Information, Advice and Guidance Level 3 is highly desirable
Competitive holidays and lifestyle scheme
Potential rolling 12 month contract