Group Financial Accountant
You will be in charge of the delivery of a group accounting service whilst responsible for the consolidation of the financial information for all entities in the Severn Trent group. This includes management and statutory accounts, budgets, plans and forecasts, and ensuring compliance with the IFRS and UK GAAP.
As a Group Financial Accountant, your key skills and competencies will include:
- Experience of operating in a large listed company environment either as an auditor or within a finance team with strict deadlines
- Sound understanding of IFRS and UK GAAP accounting standards
- Experience with year end financial accounting processes and liaising with external auditors
- Consolidation of the Severn Trent Plc financial results, position and cash flow for monthly management accounts, budgets, forecasts and plans in accordance with the timetables set by group financial performance
- Experience reviewing and challenging the consolidated information for unusual or unexpected balances appearing on consolidation
Severn Trent benefits include:
- A fantastic pension scheme
- 28 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to buy or sell up to 5 additional days per year
- full range of flexible benefits such as: SMART water (save money on your bills), private medical insurance, dental insurance, childcare voucher scheme
Severn Trent is located in the heart of Coventry. We are only a 10 minute walk from the Coventry train station and a 5 minute walk from nearby bus stations making your commute journey very easy and accessible.
Who are we?
We are a FTSE 100 water company, serving 8.1 million people across the Midlands and into north and mid-Wales. Our customers, and the communities that we live and work in, are at the heart of everything we do and we are proud to be building a lasting water legacy.
Our vision is to be the most trusted water company by 2020, delivering an outstanding customer experience, the best value service and environmental leadership. And we'll achieve that by putting our customers at the heart of everything we do, driving operational excellence and continuous innovation, investing responsibly for sustainable growth, changing the market for the better and creating an awesome place to work.
We want our people to be part of an organisation that celebrates diversity and individual thinking as we believe a diverse and inclusive workforce is important for success. We seek to ensure that every employee and every application we receive, without exception, is treated equally and fairly.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75995848