Pentalver Transport is an award winning container logistics company with over 30 years’ experience. During this time we have become a leading provider of container related services in the UK. We are currently recruiting for a Transport Clerk to work with our teams in Birmingham and Cannock. The role is 50 hours per week and will be predominantly based at our offices in the centre of Birmingham, with a requirement to work Saturday at our Cannock depot on a rotational basis every 5/6 weeks.
Main responsibilities of the Transport Clerk:
- Effectively plan transport operations ensuring that targeted cost margins are maintained
- Production of a daily transport plan utilising the vehicle fleet in the best possible manner
- Achieve and maintain exceptional customer service levels
- Provide administrative support to customers and the team
- Handle telephone queries in a professional manner, ensuring customer focus at all times
- Maintain and update the system in a timely manner ensuring accuracy
- Ensure standard operating procedures are maintained at all times
- Ensure that health and safety standards are met and maintained to the highest level
Requirements of the Transport Clerk:
- A good level of numeracy and literacy with the ability to interpret data
- Excellent relationship building and influencing skills
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- The ability to prioritise and work well under pressure
- A strong level of computer literacy
- A professional can do attitude
- An innovative approach to problem solving
In return you will receive a competitive salary and 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays. You will work for a company that is leading the container industry with confidence, providing first class service and a great employee experience.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 26 September 2017
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of the Transport Clerk then please apply now!