We are currently looking for a Senior Estimator to join our team in Birmingham.
You will undertake the role of Senior Estimator for the delivery of major projects to meet defined customer objectives adopting a variety of estimating systems and techniques.
Responsibilities will include:
- Achieving the delivery of projects within budget
- Working in accordance with the direction of the Project Manager
- Delivery of projects in line with the customer objectives and contracted scope of works
Duties will involve:
- Implementing the management of an Estimating team to provide timely estimating support
- Acting as the project manager in the context of the company business management system
- Taking part in contract reviews relating to the contract with the customer
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly management reports/liaison with the portfolio manager
- Assisting in securing new and repeat business in line with the sub-divisional budget
- Preparation of estimates and cost plans in line with the brief
- Assisting in the development of programmes for the delivery of our services
- Preparation of standard documentation - reports, letters, financial statements etc.
- Preparation of Estimates as required
- Assisting with the analysis of business cases, prepare reports at all stages of budget setting
- Assisting in the settlement of construction disputes by providing and evaluating cost data and prepare and agree final accounts
- Producing financial fee report for post contract review
- Ensuring that estimates are aligned to any programme and risk criteria
- Assisting in developing and maintaining estimate management good practise and upholding high standards within the team in a client facing environment
- Attendance at design team and progress meetings as necessary
- Contract administration as necessary
We would like to hear from experienced estimators with:
- Degree qualified in an Engineering, Construction Management, Quantity Surveying or other relevant degree
- ACostE/MRICS/MCIOB qualified
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with clients and colleagues
- Familiarity with an existing estimating package CANDY, CONQUEST CAUSEWAY etc.
- Extensive experience of working on water and pipeline projects preferred
- To develop a skilled appreciation of the CANDY estimating tool and its relationship with key client management systems such as EES
- To understand how TOTEX (Total expenditure) is calculated using Capital Expenditure, Operational Expenditure, Whole Life cost and Embedded / Operational carbon values to provide whole life cost solutions to our clients.
- To develop an understanding of the programme and risk management roles in order for the estimate to integrate closely with the wider project
The Advisory and Programme Delivery division delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity from £million's to £20bn, through the Technical disciplines of Programme Management, Project Management, Project Controls, Scheduling, Cost Management, Estimating, Infrastructure Finance, Management Consulting, Digital Consulting, Education and Healthcare Management.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.