TWC Trade Direct
Corporate Banking - Trade Direct Manager
As a Barclays Trade Direct Manager, you'll be joining a dynamic and expert team in Trade & Working Capital, a key strategic offering of Barclays Corporate. You will work with an excellent client portfolio, including household names from every industry and will proactively liaise with clients to identify their needs and work with a range of business partners to execute and provide solutions for them.
As a Trade Direct Manager, your main responsibilities will involve:
• Act as a dedicated sales and service specialist for trade deals within certain parameters which require specialist knowledge
• Providing 'best in class' customer service (internal and external) through proactively offering advice and guidance to customers and colleagues on trade opportunities, products, risks and processes
• Meeting client timelines and expectations whilst ensuring all regulatory & legal procedures are adhered to whilst providing internal stakeholders with timely status reports on transactions
• Generating sales leads and proactively seeking out opportunities to grow income through contacting the client base and receiving introductions
As a Trade Direct Manager, your skills and qualifications will include:
• An understanding of credit risk
• Being analytical and numerate
• Inter-personal, networking and relationship-building skills
• Having a strong customer focus and commercial effectiveness
• Sales and business development skills
• Time and stakeholder management skills
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed. That's not all. We'll also offer you private healthcare, childcare savings, and employer discounts. All this, plus a unique company spirit that encourages people to achieve their best.
All we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
We will consider applications from job share applicants. At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
Ready to apply?
There are up to five stages to our application process:
1. Application: On your application we'll ask for information like your contact details, education and work experience. You'll also be required to upload a CV, so it's a good idea to have it ready.
2. Online Assessment: We'll then ask you to complete an online assessment exercise which we will send to you via email. Our assessments are carefully designed to measure the skills and capabilities necessary to be successful in our roles, but they'll also provide you with some insight into what our roles entail.
3. Application Review: We will review your application along with your responses to the online assessment exercise. Depending on the type of role you are applying for, we may contact you to arrange a brief telephone interview to discuss your experience in more detail.
4. Interview: If your application is progressed, we'll invite you to attend a face-to-face interview. We want you to be free to choose an interview time that suits you, so we'll provide some options and ask you to select your preferred timeslot.
5. Outcome: We will keep you updated throughout the process. If you attend an interview, we'll be in touch within five working days of all interviews being completed to advise you of the outcome.
Visit our website for tips and advice on each stage www.jobs.barclays.co.uk/advice or click below to apply now.
We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible in the recruitment period. Barclays recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert during the recruitment process.