Assurance - External Audit Manager
About the team
At PwC we're recruiting Managers into new and growing community of highly-skilled auditors working on London audit engagements based out of the PwC Birmingham office. The team is a key part of our Future of Assurance programme and of great strategic importance to the firm. It provides the unique opportunity to work on high profile London clients and the flexibility that comes with a regional office, with only occasional travel away from home expected. You will utilise cutting edge technology so you stay connected with the client and London team.
Within five years we expect this community to consist of around 400 staff across all levels. You'll gain exposure to working on a wide variety of clients and a wide range of work. In addition you'll also be involved with training, managing, coaching and appraising staff. As this team is a new way of working, you'll be in a position to shape the working practices of the future so will need to be able to think independently and confidently about sharing your point of view and be innovative in the way you communicate.
About the role
The role would incorporate:
- A portfolio of external audit clients where you will be responsible for the day to day management, client liaison and technical issues management.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with existing clients of the firm, understanding opportunities to assist with their issues.
- Reporting directly to the Assurance Partner, Director and Senior Manager and having a number of direct team members report to you.
- Responsibility for the coaching and development of the team members reporting directly into you taking responsibility for the career development of others.
- Assisting with managing the staffing of the job, the financial performance and ensuring that key deadlines are met.
- Business development activities such as building relationships with target clients or involvement in pitch situations.
- We are able to offer some flexibility in the role around those of the other managers on the team and can ensure that the role is suitable to your particular strengths.
Essential skills and experience
As a Manager you will be required to:
- Be ACA or similarly qualified
- Have experience of management of the audit from planning to supervision and review of the process
- Have flexibility in your approach to meeting goals as part of the team
- Have the ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels
- Have a proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships
- Take a proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions
- You will have experience of interacting with senior level clients and management to develop and maintain business relationships. Experience of IFRS, UK GAAP (including FRS 101/102) and international standards on auditing would be required.
- Amount of time office based: approximately 90%
- Amount of time at client sites or in London: approximately 10%
- Need to travel/overnight stays away from home: Yes – occasional travel required.
- Opportunity for flexible working (hours)?: Yes
- Opportunity for working from home?: Yes, dependant on business need. We encourage flexibility to allow people to commit to out of work interests and responsibilities.
- Opportunity for job sharing?: No
Assurance is a dynamic place to be right now, and the variety of opportunities on offer is unprecedented. It’s work that really does matter. It matters for businesses, governments and society at large. Our team provides confidence on the most complex decisions companies have to take and this provides a wealth of opportunities to everyone who joins us and works with us.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.