Care Support Worker
Starting Point Recruitment / Steps to Work are currently looking for Care staff in the Halesowen Area.
Shifts available for this role include Early, Lates, Long days and Nights.
The main purpose of the role is to work as part of the team, delivering the highest standards of personalised care to residents, ensuring that everyone is treated with respect and dignity, and that individual’s rights to privacy, dignity, independence and choice are met in a safe environment.
Specific tasks of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Providing the highest level of personal care (toileting, bathing etc.) and attention to residents, following individual care plans carefully and ensuring that all contact is polite, friendly, warm and supportive.
- Complying with all statutory and legal requirements which are relevant such as Health & Safety, COSHH, all aspects of the Health & Social Care Act, to maintain a safe environment throughout the home.
- Be understanding and patient towards residents and their needs.
- Making and changing beds, tidying resident’s rooms (with the resident’s permission) undertaking light cleaning and laundry duties as needed and generally assisting in ensuring that the Home is kept clean, pleasant and welcoming at all times.
- Helping to serve meals and drinks at meal times and other times when required, taking care to present meals and refreshments in an attractive way, with polite and courteous service. Also, to provide the appropriate level of support and help for residents who need assistance to eat and drink.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of the special needs of older people in relation to their domiciliary care requirements and experience of working in a caring environment.
There is also a genuine occupational requirement for the post holder to be physically able to push wheelchairs and lift clients with hoist mechanisms.
All applicants will be required to have a full DBS and reference checks.