Software Technical Architect
Role: Software Technical Architect
Location: Birmingham, Midlands
Salary: £60,000 - £68,000 + bonus + benefits
We are acting on behalf of a very successful and highly innovative medical devices manufacturer in the Birmingham area. This company has created waves on a global scale with their innovation and due to steady growth and success, they now have several positions on offer within their technical team.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide leadership in the creation and evolution of software content of the company’s products, satisfying the needs of product development and assurance, compliant with applicable risk management requirements, medical device regulations and standards.
You will ensure that:
- Production quality designs are completed, manufactured and successfully tested, satisfying all technical, safety, quality and commercial requirements;
- Design and test documentation are completed to standards required by the Quality Management System (QMS), suitable for regulatory technical files
- Any issues are identified, prioritised and resolved within the required timeframes;
- Software designs reliable in field use.
You will also be responsible for:
- Software requirement elicitation and maintaining documentation structure;
- Software architectures - origination, maintenance and review of deterministic, multi-threaded, multi-processor software architectures;
- Low -level software designs - review, ensure compliance with architecture;
- Act as primary technical interface between Software Engineering and other engineering disciplines;
- Mentoring other engineers in implementing code to the adequate standards
- Ensure compliance with coding standards and design;
- Ensure adequate unit-testing and coding to implement agreed software designs;
- Ensure software designs are testable and devise effective solutions for testing;
- Co-ordinate preparation, release and deployment of production software in accordance with QMS requirements;
- Lead and support triaging process for management of bugs and identification of software failure scenarios;
- Design and documentation of risk control measures related to software;
- Low-level estimation and planning;
- Tracking and status reporting of own progress on assignments.
- Engineering Degree: BSc(Hons) or BEng(Hons) minimum 2:1(professional experience achieving similar competence in the discipline may be acceptable);
- Membership of an Engineering Professional body (desirable);
- 5-7 years' hands-on experience, delivering complex, real-time control software;
- Track record of creating and deploying new software designs;
- Track record of sustaining, extending and improving; existing; software designs / codebases;
- Experience of evaluating and successfully deploying new software, tools and technologies, delivering intended business benefits;
- Application of risk management principles to ensure product safety;
- Successful use of software to control electronic/ mechanical technologies, similar to those used in the Company's products;
- Successful exercising of senior-level software engineering responsibility for provision of commercial, volume-manufactured solutions, preferably in the healthcare industry (experience in other regulated industries may be acceptable);
- Experience of working to the requirements of a QMS, compliant with relevant international standards (ISO9001 and/or ISO13485, EN62304), covering the complete software product lifecycle.
- Requirements Management & Traceability:DOORS, CaliberRM (or equivalent);
- Embedded Real Time Software Architecture & Design, Use of Design Patterns;
- Software Design and Interface Documentation: Enterprise Architect, Doxygen;
- Programming Languages:
o MISRA C (essential)
o C#/.NET for Windows CE and PC applications (desirable)
- Microcontrollers-STM32 family, using IAR tool chain;
- Multi-threaded application development: FreeRTOS / SafeRTOS (or equivalent).
This company is headed in a very exciting direction and this could be a seriously career-making role for the right individual. For a confidential chat, please contact Mohsin Patel.