Senior Design Manager
We have been tasked with sourcing a Senior Design Manager to supplement our clients current successful team. With regional Birmingham offices, this high-ranking organisation is the perfect company delivering amazing Civil Engineering and Infrastructure projects across the region.
What you'll be doing as a Senior Design Manager -
- Managing the development and implementation of design proposals ensuring they meet customer requirements including budget constraints, presenting proposals for approval to the customer.
- Supervising and ensuring effective briefing of the Design Team including M&E elements. This includes, where necessary, the management of any 3rd parties or novated design teams to ensure that they meet all customer specifications, and where necessary, checking the competence and resources of any incumbent design teams or 3rd parties
- Providing advice and guidance on the 'buildability' of the design proposals to the design and construction teams on all packages.
- Liaising with all statutory bodies/authorities as required - such as town planning, building control and services e.g. gas and water.
Supporting the Safety by Design & Engineering forum or other similar forums, representing the business stream, as required.
Who we are looking for -
- Have a proven experience at a senior level in delivering design services within a Work Winning environment and successfully implementing design strategies as well as relevant project experience.
- Have leadership skills in a matrix organisation are required to deliver design services in a timely manner with a customer and business sector specific focus. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required, coupled with an ability to form effective relationships with partners and delivery team members under time pressure.
- Know what good looks like in bid submissions and work winning and have hands on experience of delivering work-winning bids in a timely manner.
- Have a good working knowledge of BIM .
- Have experience within the most current forms of procurement.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75969762