Salary up to £50,000, Healthcare, Pension, Life Assurance
Are you looking for an opportunity to work within a world class organisation in supporting the build of advanced assemblies for the automotive arena? Due to an increase in production levels and expansion of their manufacturing facility, our client is currently seeking an Assistant Manager to lead and motivate the team to strive for continuous improvement and realise the company's strategic goals and objectives on quality, delivery, safety and cost.
As Assistant Manager, you would be responsible for Health, Safety and Environmental, Quality, delivery and performance measures. Duties will include (but not limited to):
- Ensure that COSHH and manual handling equipment's are met
- Ensure that PPE requirements for all tasks are identified and worn correctly.
- Carry out and maintain departmental Health and Safety Inspections
- Support ongoing audits and compliance for ISO 14001, QS 9001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO TS 16949 2009
- To understand and communicate the 'Quality First' philosophy, ensuring quality standards are achieved in terms of Right First Time (RFT). Ensure that non-conformance is challenged.
- Support quality systems audits.
- Ensure production schedule expectations are understood and adhered to and manage the resources accordingly.
- Active involvement in NPI process or new product changes within your area.
- Confirm Total Productive Maintenance checks are completed by the team
- Ensure 5s is championed, maintained and audited
- Complete frequent team briefings and manage team performance
- Identify training needs
Current priorities of the role include:
- Ensure safe working practices are in place
- Maintain and improve key equipment reliability through TPM and PM activity
- Maintain and improve key equipment reliability through TPM and PM activity.
- Escalation of outages up to 24-5 (weekend cover remotely) that impact.
- Inclusion of thermoplastic injection moulding, and sub assembly (automated and manual).
- Support the planning team and prioritise production output to satisfy customers' requirement.
- Optimise the labour performance of Injection mould- focus on the delivery of 'Best in Class'.
- To develop/ improve manufacturing processes and quality control measures.
- Initiating and driving through continuous improvement with cross functional teams ensuring Quality, Cost and Safety targets are met.
- Monitor working patterns and control staffing levels in line with customer demand.
- Work closely with Cell Leaders and Setters/Technicians to implement process improvements to injection moulding, eliminate waste and improve product flow, through a proven change point management system.
Essential Skills / Experience
- Previous Cell Leader/Management experience within an Injection Moulding function in a similar sized environment.
- NEBSM (CIVII) Level 3 or equivalent vocational management qualification(s) or qualified by experience
- Experience of Lean Management Techniques/ Kaizen.
- Use of project planning and management tools.
This opportunity offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package with excellent career progression and development. For further information please contact Dan Plimmer