Deputy Regional Manager Events, part-time, Birmingham
Deputy Regional Manager (Events), part-time, Birmingham
Our client is looking for exceptional Deputy Regional Manager to join their team for a part time permanent role. This is a chance to get involved in an interesting and complex part of the organisation, dealing with the legal and medical aspect of a specialist area.
Who will you be working for?
As one of the distinguished colleges headed in London, this role is based in their West Midlands regional office in Birmingham with travel to surrounding areas. Their focus is on training, research, quality and advice for its vast member base in the health sector. They are an academic institution with a passion for increasing the standards of healthcare provision in the U.K.
What does the role consist of?
The main purpose of the role is to plan and organise local educations events and communicate with members within the region. This role reports into the Regional Manager and you will manage your own responsibilities to provide full administrative support to the regional advisors and liaise closely with regional speciality advisors, college tutors, members etc. This will involve travel around the region and meetings in local hospitals. Responsibilities will include;
- Management of the regional office
- Management of the organisation of educational meetings and training events
- Prepare, plan and facilitate the annual President's Trust visit
- Publicity and promotion of RCP events and news
- Management of examinations
- Coordination of the approval process of job descriptions
- Develop the regional newsletter
What will the successful candidate be like?
Ideally looking for someone with experience of working in a professional/membership or healthcare organisation, you need be to able to work flexibly, willing to travel within the UK and have driving qualification as well as access to car transportation. You need to demonstrate
- Experience in a management post which has included a significant degree of responsibility
- Excellent customer services and relationship management
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience of organising conferences, workshops, seminars or public events
- Numerate with experience of financial monitoring and budget management
- Ability to work autonomously
This role is a salary of £19,120 - £21,511 (based on the full time salary of £23,900 - £26,889 per annum).
How to apply?
We're hiring as quickly as possible so email or apply with your CV for immediate consideration.
Not ready to apply, or have some questions first?
Email me, Barry Yeung, on to discuss in confidence.