OnPoint Executive Ltd are currently seeking a Transport Manager to join a well known and etablished Transport company based in Stoke on Trent
working hours 12pm till 10pm
As a suitable candidate you will be required oversee all company vehicle Operations on a daily basis and intervene when necessary to sweat all company assets.
You will work in accordance with the company and customer expectations, ensuring service levels are met, quality health and safety standards are adhered to and legislative and budgetary targets are achieved.
For this role it is essensial that you have at least 3 years recent experience working in Road Transport in a Hire and Reward Operation opposed to only an Own Account Operation.
- Responsible for the effective management of all functions, including warehouse, transport, health and safety and all 3PL services.
- Responsible for ensuring that the ongoing operation consistently exceeds the customer’s requirements in terms of service, budgeted financial goals, KPIs and operational standards.
- Provide leadership, motivation and career development to the site management team
- Proactive in driving a continuous improvement culture; seeking out and driving improvement initiatives to ensure growth is managed successfully Maintain challenging targets.
- Develop productive and effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Be proactive in seeking out initiatives that ensure the contract supports the customer’s business plan and supply chain strategy
- Ability to operating in an environment where decisions and performance are under close scrutiny at regular formal customer reviews
- Responsible for ensuring the management team drives and embeds focus on ensuring high levels of employee engagement and developing the businesses’ excellent reputation
Knowledge, Experience & Requirements:
- Must possess demonstrate senior management experience within a high volume warehouse and transport operation Experience working within a significant site start up is preferred
- Must have managed a minimum headcount of 100 plus
- Experience of project managing and leading a start up operation would be a distinct advantage
- Excellent leadership, influencing and communication skills
- Able to build rapport, develop relationships with customers both internally and externally
- You must be able to demonstrate a clear commercial understanding and have the ability to provide budgetary and financial controls
- Must be able to demonstrate skills in the delivery of continuous improvement initiatives using lean processes.
This is an opportunity with a top-tier organisation who continue to rapidly grow and expand offering genuine scope and progression. As the Transport Manager you will be rewarded with an excellent package.